A bit about us
Total Media is a leading independent UK and international media agency that connects people to brands. Our media strategies are based on people’s behaviours – understanding how audiences think, feel and act – so that we reach them contextually, during the moments that matter.
We work across the full spectrum of media planning and buying, with fantastic media teams dedicated to client servicing, broadcast, publishing, digital, data and content production.
At Total Media we are committed to diversity & inclusion and providing equal opportunities for everyone. We are dedicated to ensuring our processes are free from any form of discrimination or bias, right from the application process to life as part of the Total Media Team!
Clients: You will work on broadcast clients including MG Motor, Zoflora, YuMOVE, Rana Pasta, De’longhi, ENO and Freshpet
The Broadcast Team at Total Media are responsible for the planning and buying of campaigns across TV, radio, cinema, video and OOH. They work as part of the wider Activation Team to deliver integrated plans that have behavioural planning at their heart.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for an junior buyer to take the next step, with an opportunity to run broadcast activity across all channels and take ownership of some accounts, as well as gain experience across a wider range of channels including digital audio & other emerging broadcast programmatic channels.
- 2+ years’ experience at media buying / planning across broadcast channels (Brand TV buying experience vital, other media experience preferable but not essential)
- In-depth understanding of the broadcast market, with a strong understanding of the digital landscape
- Actively interested in the digital media landscape, new media opportunities and media research, you will have a cross-channel view on media planning & buying
- Ability to work on multiple campaigns concurrently, with strong attention to detail and negotiating skills
Buying and negotiation
- Delivering competitive results across all media buys, through strong relationships with key media owners and negotiation skills
- Strong marketplace knowledge and understanding of how to utilise these insights in negotiations
- Appreciation of the need to push for additional value at every opportunity to improve client results
- Activation of creative and innovative media plans
- Liaising with Posterscope & Radioworks to ensure activity is booked and bought correctly
- Supporting the broadcast managers in campaign planning across all broadcast channels
- Participating in briefing sessions and brainstorms across all broadcast media
- Upskilling in behavioural planning principles and applying these to client activity
- Regular dialogue with media owners to identify upcoming opportunities
- Proactively communicating to clients and planning teams regarding key campaign information, market insights and competitor activity
- First port of call for all day to day queries and requests for your portfolio of clients
Total Media contribution
- Support the team with contributions to new business work
- Make significant contributions to internal meetings and brainstorms
- Creation of media updates, blogs and industry thought pieces