At the top, where it should be:
At Total Media we are committed to diversity & inclusion and providing equal opportunities for everyone. We are dedicated to ensuring our processes are free from any form of discrimination or bias, right from the application process to life as part of the Total Media Team!
A bit about us
Total Media is a leading independent and international media agency that connects people to brands. Our media strategies are based on people’s behaviours – understanding how audiences think, feel and act – so that we reach them contextually, during the moments that matter.
We work across the full spectrum of media planning and buying, with fantastic media teams dedicated to client servicing, broadcast, publishing, digital, data and content production.
BMW & MINI (UK & Ireland)
The right candidate will have a lead role across the BMW & MINI account within the UK & Ireland team, ensuring that they are profitable, and growing. They will take responsibility for the delivery of robust digital media planning and buying that meets the client’s needs and addresses their business problem. They will do so through the effective management of their own team, and their ability to lead and inspire others inside and outside the agency.
Due to the role being running a key local market as part of a EMEA wide portfolio, it will involve regular work with the central team in DE and also other markets in EMEA.
Given the nature of the account being digital only, we are also looking for candidates with a very strong digital background and / or automotive experience.
The role will also involve regular interaction with the offline agency in the UK in terms of strategy, planning and reporting.
- Support the Client Lead in ensuring the quality of the group’s digital planning and buying output and client service
- Taking a leading role in campaign delivery – from brief to strategy, planning, buying and implementation
- Working with local media owners as well as the Total Media digital activation teams and central activation teams in DE to fulfil planning for the UK & Irish market
- Ability to manage internal planning process effectively and take a lead role in this and also with the offline agency
- Managing communication on campaigns across the clients to ensure that a consistent level of planning and service is achieved
- Working with the digital teams to ensure best practice in the planning and measurement of all digital activity for BMW & MINI
- Being aware of the latest trends in digital data, insight and measurement.
- Leading and managing new business pitches
- 4+ years experience working in a client handling and client facing role at a media agency
- Pro-active, act as a guide for clients, and have excellent organisational skills to co-ordinate multi-channel campaigns across EMEA
- Have proven experience in strategy, planning and buying to ensure the highest standards of client management
- Knowledge of all media channels with strong understanding of digital
- A proven history in supporting a team to deliver a client’s objectives
- Knowledge of planning systems
About the team
We are a small team (for now) with big ambitions. We all have are have a keen interest in international brands and varying media landscapes in different markets.
International accounts tend to mostly be serviced by big network agencies, we want to change that. All our recent international clients have seen the refreshing change from larger organisations.
We have a JV with one of the largest independent agency “networks”, which give us scale without losing autonomy. We are in the process of growing that relationship and working closer with them across international new business