At the top, where it should be: At Total Media we are committed to diversity & inclusion and providing equal opportunities for everyone. We are dedicated to ensuring our processes are free from any form of discrimination or bias, right from the application process to life as part of the Total Media Team!
A bit about us
Total Media is a leading independent and international media agency that connects people to brands. Our media strategies are based on people’s behaviours – understanding how audiences think, feel and act – so that we reach them contextually, during the moments that matter.
We work across the full spectrum of media planning and buying, with fantastic media teams dedicated to client servicing, broadcast, publishing, digital, data and content production.
The Data Team sit at the intersection of behave, our insights team, and the rest of the media agency, working across all aspects of the media cycle – planning, activating, optimising and reporting. We work with data from clients, specialist partners and from our own media to give insights to our clients and internal teams.
We are looking for a full time, permanent DATA ENGINEER to join our growing team based in London. We are looking for someone to:
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to scope build and maintain Tableau dashboards.
- Establish data pipelines from various sources (API, Google Sheets, Databases, Email).
- Developing and maintaining our Data Warehouse, currently in Redshift.
- Developing scripts to leverage our Behavioural Science needs.
- Work with the Data Team.
- Developing and maintaining Tableau Reports/Dashboards.
- Developing Transformation and Loading SQL scripts to keep our Data Warehouse up to date.
- Developing and maintaining data pipelines from various sources.
What we’re looking for
- A degree in Computer Science is ideal, otherwise a STEM discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency in SQL and Python are essential. Other programming languages are valuable.
- Object Oriented Programming and the best practices to create robust and readable code.
- Experience with ETL and Data Modelling.
- Familiarity with cloud providers. AWS highly desirable, GCP/Azure/IBM useful.
- Experience with Tableau or a similar Data Visualisation tool.
- Ability to gather, understand & interpret business requirements.
- Capability to independently problem solve and make decisions.
- Experience within Media and Advertising is highly desirable, but not essential.