A bit about us
Total Media is a leading independent and international media agency that connects people to brands. Our media strategies are based on people’s behaviours – understanding how audiences think, feel and act – so that we reach them contextually, during the moments that matter.
We work across the full spectrum of media planning and buying, with fantastic media teams dedicated to client servicing, broadcast, publishing, digital, data and content production.
At Total Media we are committed to diversity & inclusion and providing equal opportunities for everyone. We are dedicated to ensuring our processes are free from any form of discrimination or bias, right from the application process to life as part of the Total Media Team!
An exciting opportunity to work with all our clients across all internal teams. Working with external partners to develop solutions and relationships.
The data strategy director role is a pivotal role in our business, leading the agency approach to data – a key enabler of the company vision of behavioural led solutions in media. Sitting at the heart of this role is the requirement to connect data and media to deliver effective and innovative solutions for our clients.
A successful candidate will have excellent data science knowledge, a proven track record of innovative work with a broad range of data sets and evidence of connecting these to media.
Experience of managing senior stakeholder relationships internally and with clients as well as the ability to maintain effective relationships across the agency is essential for this role.
The individual will have both the ambition and drive to lead our data vision – combining technology, behavioural science with data science.
- Data Planning – Leading data planning across our clients; communicating effectively with senior client/prospect stakeholders
- Visioning – Set a forward-looking vision, lead and inspire at all levels to develop our data offering combining technology, behavioural science with data science.
- Data Activation – Linking our data architecture and research technology partners to activation in media.
- Data Architecture – Looking at the way that we capture, store, clean and augment our data – what are the right partners, technology and skills to deliver: behave insight, client planning and media activation.
- Data Privacy – Ensuring that we uphold our ICO data obligations
- Team Management – Working with the data team to support and develop them, in line with our company’s data vision.
- Data Science experience 5+ years – big data analytics, modelling, clustering and coding skills.
- Strong knowledge of the UK data marketplace specifically data types, sources, partners and how we should define quality data.
- Expertise in leveraging data in a media and non-media context for activation, measurement as well as strategic applications
- Excellent storytelling and communication skills and the ability to simplify complex data concepts
- SQL database management language
- Programming language skills – at least two – Python (preferred), R, Java, C, C++
- Must excel working in team-oriented roles that rely on the ability to collaborate with others.
- Data collection and consumer representation tools: Google Analytics, Double Click, TGI
- Digital activation technology understanding: DV360, Trade Desk
- Marketing cloud technology such as Salesforce, Adobe
- Digital attribution
- Mobile ecommerce