At the top, where it should be: At Total Media we are committed to diversity & inclusion and providing equal opportunities for everyone. We are dedicated to ensuring our processes are free from any form of discrimination or bias, right from the application process to life as part of the Total Media Team!
A bit about us
Total Media is a leading independent UK and international media agency that connects people to brands. Our media strategies are based on people’s behaviours – understanding how audiences think, feel and act – so that we reach them contextually, during the moments that matter.
We work across the full spectrum of media planning and buying, with fantastic media teams dedicated to client servicing, broadcast, publishing, digital, data and content production.
Your primary client will be BMW, with support on smaller clients to be determined at a later date.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Account Executive to join us as we build the new BMW team here at Total Media. Supporting the team in the day-to- day running of display & video campaigns, this is a great opportunity to kickstart your career in digital advertising working on a high profile, blue chip client. On clients outside of BMW you will get hands on experience in programmatic trading & optimisation, however this is not essential pre-requisite knowledge.
What we’re looking for
Our ideal candidate will have:
- An active interest in the digital media landscape, new media opportunities and media research.
- Keen to learn more about programmatic advertising and how to reach the right users to drive business results.
- Understanding of digital planning and buying including relevant research tools.
- Previous experience in performance advertising or programmatic is advantageous.
- High level of Excel knowledge preferred (you will learn on the job if not!) as well as experience with Powerpoint.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads with a strong attention to detail
- This role will be responsible for delivering best in class display planning and execution, working with the central programmatic & biddable team to deliver holistic digital plans.
- Reporting into Account Manager and Senior Account Manager, you will assist in planning and buying digital display campaigns.
- Help the team develop audience driven strategies through the use of campaign planning tools .
- Deliver regular reporting in a timely manner, learning to uncover insight within the performance data.
- Work effectively and build relationships with other activation buying teams & Client Services to ensure an integrated approach with other media channels.
- Foster and adopt the theory of behavioural planning and apply this to audience planning and segmentation.
- Understand and apply strategy matched to the role of different digital channels.
- Provide compelling proposals that clearly show the logic from campaign planning to activation to measurement.
- Execute and manage direct display campaigns for your clients, and exposure to programmatic buying across Display, Video, Audio & DOOH channels.
- Actively negotiate rates with publishers.
- Be responsible for the timely activation of campaigns.
- Ensure that client campaigns are structured to provide a logical link from campaign planning to co-ordinate campaign set up with the ad ops manager.
- Supporting the agency systems bookings process and manage all bookings with 3rd parties.
- Utilise bid management platforms such as The Trade Desk and DV360, to meet client’s business objectives.
- Analysing campaign effectiveness and preparing reports for clients as required, and provide continued auditing of campaign spends.
- Liaise with activation teams on digital performance to ensure efficient use of clients budget.
- Communicate results with publishers and identify optimisation opportunities.
- Identify new opportunities across digital to test with campaigns and relaying them succinctly to the AM and / or Client Services.