At the top, where it should be: At Total Media we are committed to diversity & inclusion and providing equal opportunities for everyone. We are dedicated to ensuring our processes are free from any form of discrimination or bias, right from the application process to life as part of the Total Media Team!
A bit about us
Total Media is a leading independent and international media agency that connects people to brands. Our media strategies are based on people’s behaviours – understanding how audiences think, feel and act – so that we reach them contextually, during the moments that matter.
We work across the full spectrum of media planning and buying, with fantastic media teams dedicated to client servicing, broadcast, publishing, digital, data and content production.
Paysafe (45%) , BMW (45%) and other (10%)
This exciting opportunity is perfect for an excellent and experienced Digital Strategist or Digital Comms Planner to join our teams to lead a portfolio of clients across the UK and internationally. Sitting in the strategy team, the Digital Strategist will work with senior client services, senior digital activation and head of strategy to deliver strategic digital leadership and digital communications planning across key clients.
The Digital Strategist will gain a deep understanding of our clients’ businesses, applying their knowledge to simplify the landscape and identify the role that digital and data can play to grow our clients’ businesses. They will also help the client plan effectively across digital with exceptional digital comms planning across channels and innovative, forward thinking uses of each channel. Finally, they will provide strategic guidance on the role digital and data should have in developing the clients businesses going forward.
There will also be opportunities to contribute to new business and lead strategic thinking and development within the agency.
Responsibilities of the role
Strategy & Planning:
- Plan the digital and data transformation for the clients across the business groups (working closely with the data strategy director and managing partners).
- Digital comms planning across channels to ensure maximum business impact for the client.
- Ensure that long term digital strategies are being delivered.
- Help connect strategy output and research with activation through data technology including product development.
- Lead the innovate use of digital partners and bring in new digital opportunities for clients.
- Set and help realise the digital strategy of our clients.
- Provide thought leadership, opinion and introductions to Total Media’s specialist services.
- Work with the Managing Partners to drive new revenue growth across the Business Group, with particular focus on strategy, consulting and additional services.
Leadership & Team Management
- Support agency upskilling in key areas of digital development.
- Help develop the digital and data specialists in the business to ensure they have the very best opportunities to grow and identify any specialist training and development needs.
- An expert in digital media, digital comms planning, adtech, martech, eCommerce and data platforms.
- A track record of delivering exceptional digital work for clients or as a client.
- Strong digital-performance marketing skills especially in PPC and Paid Social.
- Strong relationships with digital & data partners, vendors, platforms and suppliers.
- A strong foundation in media planning principles and an understanding of the role media plays in a wide communications ecosystem.
- Excellent knowledge of 1st / 2nd / 3rd party data – how each should be applied and connected to provide customer driven marketing solutions.
- A solid understanding of Identity Management and how brands should be looking to use data across the entire Customer Experience – both online and offline.
- Ability to influence the most senior and demanding clients, partners and internal stakeholders.
- Excellent skills in consultative selling.
- Embraces and manages ambiguity/complexity and has the ability to adapt.
- Solutions driven mindset.
- Inspiring leadership skills.
About the team
You will sit within the behave team, which is made up of strategists, consultants, data experts and researchers. We provide leading behavioural insights and strategies for clients, helping them achieve their business goals through an exceptional understanding of humans, media and the use of cutting edge research technology and data. The team is driven, curious and fun.