A bit about us
Total Media is a leading independent UK and international media agency that connects people to brands. Our media strategies are based on people’s behaviours – understanding how audiences think, feel and act – so that we reach them contextually, during the moments that matter.
We work across the full spectrum of media planning and buying, with fantastic media teams dedicated to client servicing, broadcast, publishing, digital, data and content production.
At Total Media we are committed to diversity & inclusion and providing equal opportunities for everyone. We are dedicated to ensuring our processes are free from any form of discrimination or bias, right from the application process to life as part of the Total Media Team.
Broadcast clients include Kenwood, De’longhi, Rana Pasta, Britbox, Young’s Seafood, Investec, Natural Balance Foods, TikTok, Florette, Zoflora, Rustlers & Yes Auto.
The Head of Broadcast is responsible for delivering the broadcast output of the agency, across TV, OOH, audio, cinema, and partnerships. They lead the operational running of the team, commercial performance, cross-channel integration with other activation teams and delivery of best in class broadcast products with digital understanding at the heart of everything we do.
They shape the broadcast agenda for our clients and ensure the team has a clear understanding of our behavioural planning positioning and how to apply it in media. They deliver a clearly defined cross-media broadcast planning approach, and meet regularly with senior clients to review strategies and opportunities.They lead our broadcast approach in new business pitches, and represent Total Media externally through PR, conference appearances and industry events.
Finally the Head of Broadcast has exceptional relationships with all major media owners, to provide us access to highly competitive rates and the latest opportunities in market.
Key areas of focus:
• Developing Total Media’s Broadcast proposition in line with our behavioural positioning, ensuring that all services are best in class and that emerging revenue streams are fully investigated.
• Working with the Head of Media & Investment to deliver efficient and profitable trading. Be responsible for TV reconciliations, value management, price tracking and quality monitoring.
• Optimising resource based on business requirements, identifying and retaining key talent.
• Being the Broadcast Team lead in new business work, ensuring that we deliver competitive pricing submissions and creative proposals.
• A figurehead for the Broadcast Team with clients at a senior level, building trusted relationships and leading strategic conversations.
• Running our specialist partner relationships (e.g. Posterscope, Radioworks etc.) to deliver commercial targets and maintain high quality output.
• Working with digital team leads to continuously upskill the team in digital and identify growth opportunities, especially in programmatic and addressable TV.
• Working as part of the Activation Heads team to ensure the Broadcast Team works together effectively as part of the integrated wider team.
• Being a lead senior voice within Total Media, both internally and externally, developing award entries and case studies to demonstrate our market leading proposition.
Looking to develop within a team leadership role, you should have significant experience in leading, mentoring and inspiring teams and delivering a high quality broadcast product. An independent agency offers you the ability to plan and trade outside of the agency share deal model, and you will embrace the opportunities this provides for creativity, innovation and flexibility in media planning and buying.
You will be a problem solver and team player, who relishes the opportunity to influence the direction of the agency, and working with your peers across all departments to deliver against the company vision.
With a minimum of 8 years agency experience, you will have the experience to lead a growing cross-channel activation team, with a strong grounding in digital.