A bit about us
Total Media is a leading independent and international media agency that connects
people to brands. Our media strategies are based on people’s behaviours –
understanding how audiences think, feel and act – so that we reach them
contextually, during the moments that matter.
We work across the full spectrum of media planning and buying, with fantastic
media teams dedicated to client servicing, broadcast, publishing, digital, data and
Clients: Epson, Carmignac Risk Managers, DHL, FitXR and new business
Within this position you will be responsible for day to day management of our international clients, strategy, application of behavioural planning and working alongside the Business Director and Account Director in the group on new business. New business is a strong focus for the group in 2020.
The role requires excellent understanding of international cross media, project management skills as well as proven client facing experience. You will be working closely with our international offices (MediaPlus)
Minimum of 3 years experience in local & international media planning and buying across a breadth of media channels. Key territories include EU5 (France, Spain, Italy, Germany and UK) and the Middle East.
- Good knowledge of all media channels with strong digital experience as well as e-commerce
- Knowledge and understanding of international media surveys (e.g. TGI Europa)
- Excellent eye for detail and accuracy, excellent presentation and communication skills, proven problem solving ability
- Ability to work according to own initiative and prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships internally and externally
- Demonstrate strong interest in strategic thinking and behavioural planning
- Experience of managing financial procedures
- Foreign language will be a plus but not essential
The ideal candidate will be:
- Focused, articulate and confident individual able to contribute as part of the team and wider agency as well as having the motivation to work independently
- Demonstrate a can-do attitude, excellent communication skills and confidence in front of senior clients
Key areas for focus:
- Develop creative solutions through excellent briefing and collaborative working with both internal and external teams.
- Ensures that effective media solutions are provided with the upmost value and benefit to a clients’ business. Informed knowledge of media markets including emerging formats/channels and proactively shares this knowledge with clients when relevant.
- Champions the delivery of detailed campaign analysis with actionable insights. Identifies KPIs, establishes targets and considers measurement methods
Key aspects of the role:
- Will grow in understanding clients’ business challenges and how the behavioural planning approach is applicable and helps solve their business needs
- Technology, specialism and systems knowledge: good understanding of technology that supports our trading, reporting, audience insight and analytics capabilities, coaching junior team members on their use
- Excellent administration: completes client admin and processes promptly and accurately, monitoring over time. Ensures campaigns are set up correctly in order to get greater insight about campaigns through Total Media technology
- Communication skills: Communicates ideas effectively in all situations and articulates ideas well across all documents and presentations. Confident taking the lead in meetings, internal and external, with strong presentation skills and the ability to handle follow up questions effectively
- Exposure to clients: Builds strong working and social relationships with clients, gaining new clients’ trust with ease. Provides proactive service to clients.