A bit about us
Total Media is a leading independent and international media agency that connects people to brands. Our media strategies are based on people’s behaviours – understanding how audiences think, feel and act – so that we reach them contextually, during the moments that matter.
We work across the full spectrum of media planning and buying, with fantastic media teams dedicated to client servicing, broadcast, publishing, digital, data and content production.
At Total Media we are committed to diversity & inclusion and providing equal opportunities for everyone. We are dedicated to ensuring our processes are free from any form of discrimination or bias, right from the application process to life as part of the Total Media Team!
Clients: Epson, DHL, DeLonghi, Kenwood, FitXR, BMW, YuMOVE and a lot of exciting new business
The right candidate will lead a set of client accounts within the international team, ensuring that they are profitable, and growing. They will take responsibility for the delivery of robust media planning and buying that meets the client’s needs and addresses their business problem. They will do so through the effective management of their own team, and their ability to lead and inspire others inside and outside the agency. They will regularly be involved with pitches for new business, approaching these with both a creative, strategic and commercial mindset.
As the role sits within the international team – experience ( or interest at the least) in markets other than the UK is essential. The role would also be required to build and grow our existing relationship with our partner agencies overseas
- Support the Senior Account Director in ensuring the quality of the group’s planning and buying output and client service
- Taking a leading role in campaign delivery – from brief to strategy, planning, buying and implementation
- Working with local media owners as well as the Total Media activation teams (Publisher, Broadcast and Digital) to fulfil planning for each market
- Ability to manage internal planning process effectively and take a lead role in this
- Managing communication on campaigns across the clients to ensure that a consistent level of planning and service is achieved
- Working with the digital teams to ensure best practice in the planning and measurement of all digital activity
- Being aware of the latest trends in digital data, insight and measurement.
- Leading and managing new business pitches
- 3-4 years experience working in a client handling and client facing role at a media agency
- Pro-active, act as a guide for clients, and have excellent organisational skills to co-ordinate multi-channel campaigns across EMEA
- Have proven experience in strategy, planning and buying to ensure the highest standards of client management
- Knowledge of all media channels with strong understanding of digital
- A proven history in supporting a team to deliver a client’s objectives
- Knowledge of planning systems
- Languages – not essential but fluency in one European language will be beneficial
About the team
We are a small team (for now) with big ambitions. We all have are have a keen interest in international brands and varying media landscapes in different markets.
International accounts tend to mostly be serviced by big network agencies, we want to change that. All our recent international clients have seen the refreshing change from larger organisations.
We have a JV with one of the largest independent agency “networks”, which give us scale without losing autonomy. We are in the process of growing that relationship and working closer with them across international new business