A bit about us
Total Media is a leading independent and international media agency that connects people to brands. Our media strategies are based on people’s behaviours – understanding how audiences think, feel and act – so that we reach them contextually, during the moments that matter.
We work across the full spectrum of media planning and buying, with fantastic media teams dedicated to client servicing, broadcast, publishing, digital, data and content production.
At Total Media we are committed to diversity & inclusion and providing equal opportunities for everyone. We are dedicated to ensuring our processes are free from any form of discrimination or bias, right from the application process to life as part of the Total Media Team!
Clients: Various – including DHL, DeLonghi and YuMove
The client service team are first point of contact for all of our clients and responsible for delivering our positioning to clients. As such the entire team, need to be able to deliver a visibly superior service around our behavioural planning positioning and be the standard bearers within the agency; ensuring that it forms the basis of all planning.
The CS teams are responsible for coordinating all implementation planning from the activation teams and ensure work going out to clients is clear and concise with no mistakes.
The CS teams need to be populated with individuals who have a good overall knowledge of the roles of all channels whilst being curious enough to be able to inject our behavioural planning insights into our service.
The International Senior Account Director needs to ensure best in class collaboration between their team and specialist teams and help develop people, planning and processes that all focus on delivering integrated solutions not silo thinking. The role is also to form part of the Operations Team with the key team heads on the Activation team to drive the day to day business forward.
Key areas for focus for International Senior Account Director:
- Maintaining and growing team who can deliver best in class account management, curiosity and ability to take on and lead our behavioural planning approach, creative solutions and collaborative working
- Leading new business initiatives for the agency – this would mean running a pitch process start to finish – drawing on the right support needed from the agency
- Resource management: ability to balance in-house versus outsourced solutions as well as maintaining a focus on profitability when developing their team and taking a pragmatic view on what is needed based on the business position and also what is nice to have vs essential
- Integration: responsible for reviewing how their team works together effectively on client business with the other members of the Operations Team. It is an essential part of the job remit to ensure they make this team work effectively and eventually runs and takes responsibility for the day to day management of the business.
Key aspects of the role:
- Brilliant people management skills: being able to deliver an authentic management approach but with the ability to flex across different approaches (mentoring, coaching, directive etc) depending on situation and personality. The right person should be focused on bringing the best out of others and help offer them stretching and relevant growth opportunities.
- Excellent behavioural planning skills and business understanding: must be a leader when it comes to driving our way of working in relation to understanding our clients business challenges and how our behavioural planning approach is applicable and help solve their business needs.
- Key stakeholder relationships: fantastic relationships with all Total Media clients, internal team leads, and all partner agencies
- Technology, specialism and systems knowledge: good understanding of technology that supports our trading, reporting, audience insight and analytics capabilities and a clear view on which services we must offer and to which clients in order to deliver a market leading service.
- Strong commercial management: ability to manage and communicate performance against targets. Effective team P&L management
- Resource management: capability to effectively manage our resource and deliver excellence service whilst being mindful of maintaining account profitability.
Excellent knowledge of all media markets, plus some experience running international accounts
6 + years experience, media planning and buying.
Strong understanding of advertising effectiveness and measurement
Strong commercial understanding
Knowledge of all software used including bespoke media systems.
Excellent eye for detail and accuracy.
Experience managing team & excellent coaching skills for all levels within team.
Ability to build and maintain strong relationships internally and externally.
Commitment to service excellence / proven ability to satisfy clients.
Excellent presentation skills.
Excellent all-round Client Management skills.
Proven problem solving ability.
Ability to provide to clients high quality and insightful media plans
Strategic thinking ability.
Excellent written communication skills. i.e. documents, emails etc.
About the team
We are a small team (for now) with big ambitions. We all have are have a keen interest in international brands and varying media landscapes in different markets.
International account tend to mostly be serviced by big network agencies, we want to change that. All our recent international clients have seen the refreshing change from larger organisations.
We have an JV with one of the largest independent agency “networks”, which give us scale without losing autonomy. We are in the process of growing that relationship and working closer with them across international new business