At the top, where it should be: At Running Total we are committed to diversity & inclusion and providing equal opportunities for everyone. We are dedicated to ensuring our processes are free from any form of discrimination or bias, right from the application process to life as part of the Total Media Team!
A bit about us
Running Total Media is a Manchester-based independent media planning & buying agency, and part of the Total Media Group. We aim to connect people to brands using media strategies based on people’s behaviours – understanding how audiences think, feel and act – so that we reach them contextually, during the moments that matter.
We work across the full spectrum of media planning and buying with experts dedicated to client servicing, broadcast, publishing, digital, data and content production.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a bright, enthusiastic and confident individual looking to join our non-broadcast media team. The role involves supporting the team across all areas of this process including media planning, buying, campaign management & reporting and account management.
What we’re looking for
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Good all-round media knowledge across all channels including digital, but particularly radio, print, and out-of-home.
- The ability to influence outcomes through strong and positive negotiation.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written), numeracy, and proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Aptitude for multi-tasking, organising and prioritising their workloads and a strong eye for detail.
- A diligent and proactive individual who is eager to learn and develop their media career, with a great team spirit.
- An interest in problem solving & general business consultancy.
- A high level of curiosity, with a drive to continually find better ways of understanding human behaviour.
- Working with the wider client team to support in the understanding of clients’ business, business issues, marketing and media objectives.
- Building strong relationships with clients by providing proactive service.
- Media planning and buying across a wide range of channels and understanding the pros and cons of each channel.
- Researching media opportunities (media landscape, media overviews, media partnerships).
- Maintaining best practice administration for clients.
- Liaising with media owners to negotiate and buy media space as well as with partner agencies on creative assets.
- Attending presentations & meetings.
- Competitive & market analysis.
Extended role :
- Keep abreast of industry news and events.
- Pro-actively participate in agency and team initiatives.
- Villa Plus
- Manchester College
- Victorian Plumbing
- Beauty Bay