A bit about us
Total Media is a leading independent UK and international media agency that connects people to brands. Our media strategies are based on people’s behaviours – understanding how audiences think, feel and act – so that we reach them contextually, during the moments that matter.
We work across the full spectrum of media planning and buying, with fantastic media teams dedicated to client servicing, broadcast, publishing, digital, data and content production.
At Total Media we are committed to diversity & inclusion and providing equal opportunities for everyone. We are dedicated to ensuring our processes are free from any form of discrimination or bias, right from the application process to life as part of the Total Media Team!
Clients: Clients include TikTok, Investec, DHL, Zoflora, Natural Balance Foods, Florette & ENO
The SEO Technical Manager is responsible for ensuring that clients’ websites adhere to technical SEO best practice, and that our SEO offering functions effectively and performs against our commercial requirements.
You will be responsible for running in-depth Technical SEO audits across our client base and working closely with the clients to develop and implement recommendations. You will also sustain strong client relationships, and provide our clients with guidance and leadership throughout any development and migration projects, to ensure that they are completed to the highest standard from a technical SEO perspective.
Based in our London office (although working remotely for the time being), and reporting to an Account Director, you will support them in defining and evolving SEO strategy, and upskilling the wider team and agency on key SEO themes.
You will be working as part of our 7 person SEO, e-commerce and content team, who sit within our wider cross-discipline Activation Team.
Areas of focus:
- Working with Account Management to provide technical SEO consultancy to senior clients
- Advising clients and Total Media client teams on SEO strategies for content management systems, information architecture, web design and usability
- Interpreting website analytics and providing clear actions and insights to clients to provide them with value (Google Analytics & Adobe)
- Contributing to new business pitches, both internally & externally
- Managing the Google properties of clients
- Agency upskilling
- Coordinating with other team members and third parties to ensure SEO is fully integrated in clients’ marketing campaigns
- Helping the Account Director to drive integration between traditional Organic services with the wider agency offering
You will have a proven track-record of producing great results through your work and have a solid understanding of how SEO supports and improves other marketing channels
You should have 5+ years of online experience, including involvement of managing large, complex SEO accounts across different verticals
You are required to have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team, and excellent client service skills are desirable. You should also have good knowledge of the overall online marketing mix, including PPC and Display and agency processes
Agency, Media Owner or Client-Side experience is essential.