At the top, where it should be:
We are committed to diversity & inclusion and providing equal opportunities for everyone. We are dedicated to ensuring our processes are free from any form of discrimination or bias, right from the application process to life as part of the Total Media team.
The strategist role is a pivotal role in our business, leading strategy across a range of clients, including E.ON & AJ Bell, and realising the company vision of behaviourally-led solutions in media. Sitting at the heart of this role is the requirement to develop differentiated insights that lead to effective and innovative media solutions for our clients. The role will also see the client play a key role in helping E.ON realise an effective offline communications planning approach including working on the community ties strategy for E.ON Next.
The candidate will also have a key role as a consultant for our behavioural consultancy – Behave. Within this role they will use our unique tools and capabilities, and knowledge of consumer behaviour to develop business solutions for clients beyond media strategy. This will include a broad range of areas including using biometric results to help optimise creative, broader audience and brand strategy work, and helping with product development and messaging.
What we are looking for
Our aim is for a candidate to be able to demonstrate experience in developing unique and actionable insights for clients and a good knowledge of UK media – especially broadcast media.
- A desire to grow and learn new skills
- A proven track record of developing unique and actionable insights for clients
- A strong knowledge of communications planning
- A detailed knowledge of UK media, especially UK broadcast media
- On and offline media planner, with good experience of TV, ideally with knowledge of performance TV
- Experience running tests for clients and building on learnings
- Must excel working in team-oriented roles that rely on the ability to collaborate with others. And driving projects through to successful completion
- An understanding of the digital media ecosystem and how it is changing
- Effectiveness knowledge and experience in measurement
- A range of experience with different clients in different sectors
- Knowledge of TV spot matching and optimising would be useful
We understand it may not be possible to find a candidate who is fully experienced across all these areas, so are also interested in a candidate who can show a balance of experience with UK clients, broadcast media, and enthusiasm for understanding people, with a desire to grow their knowledge and capabilities in these areas.
Key responsibilities include:
- Strategy – Developing key business and consumer insights that deliver differentiated media, audience and business strategy for clients
- Media Planning – Leading communications planning across our clients; communicating effectively with senior client/prospect stakeholders
- Team Management – Leading projects across clients’ teams and new business to develop and realise the best solutions possible
- Behavioural consultant – Working with behavioural researchers and the data team to develop insights and solutions for a broad range of business challenges beyond media – from audience development and brand strategy, to creative optimisation, to product development
- New thinking – Develop our thinking including innovative ways we can use UK media and growing our ability to understand consumer behaviour